"Rubbish follow up service!"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

I had an MRI scan at the end of july and am still awaiting the results! Its now been over 3 months and all i get is the secretary telling me that she will put my file on top of the consultants list. I have phoned every couple of weeks and been there in person to hear the same thing. I phoned PALS today only to be told that they can only do what I'm already doing (try to chase up my results). I am at the end of my tether in pain and my doctor will not refer me to the relevant department until they receive the results from the hospital!!!

Response from Patient Experience Manager, Medway NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments, we are very sorry that you are having trouble obtaining your results.

You mention that you have recently contacted the PALS Team and they would certainly be able to ask that you are contacted and provided with the results. They would need to know who had referred you for the scan I.e. which department or if it was your GP and of course your name and date of birth.

Please do contact the PALS team again for assistance, their number is 01634 825004 or medwayft.pals@nhs.net

kindest regards,