"Fantastic, quick, efficient and as comfortable as..."

About: Wansbeck Hospital

I was admitted having rung NHS direct and been quickly given an emergency appointment. I had a high temperature and severe pain below my ribs. The doctor was concerned that I had gall bladder problems. Once admitted, I was seen within 20 minutes and given a bed on Ward 4 within an hour and a half. the doctors and nurses in A & E were kind and helpful, informing me at all times about what was to happen. The staff on Ward 4 were really lovely. I was offered pain relief when needed and kept extremely comfortable. Even though there was a lady opposite who was very poorly and required a lot of the nurses' time, they were stiil there for me (not that I was too demanding!). I want to thank everyone of the staff for their kindness and help. I could see how very busy they all were and am very grateful. Too much negativity surrounds the NHS. This was the first time I had had to have emergency treatment and I can't praise the service I was given enough. Please pass on my thanks to all the staff on Ward 4 and the doctors who carried out my gall bladder surgery.

What could be improved

Nothing

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

Thank you for your comments posted on this website regarding the care afforded to you in the Accident and Emergency Department and Ward 4 at Wansbeck General Hospital.

Patient feedback is always appreciated and I trust that you are continuing to make a full recovery. I will pass your comments onto the staff concerned. Thank you for taking the time to write.