"I arrived unannounced at A+E..."

About: Borders General Hospital / Accident & Emergency Borders General Hospital / Radiology

I arrived unannounced at Borders General Hospital last Friday; despite it being the end of a long tiring night shift the A+E staff made me feel at ease. They actually diagnosed my injury before I had time to be registered, (dislocated elbow, 2nd occasion).

Flora was well organised and I was prepped ready for the main event. I realised that it was shift changeover but resources were acquired. Doctor Colme and Doctor Suzi were certainly on the case. The day shift were briefed and one nurse could actually remember my previous similar dislocation.!!

Andy,'the knocking out guy' , worked his magic and apparently Alison made my immaculate plaster.

They were assisted by nurse Lisa and Pauline , the cheery orderly.

Response from Gareth Clinkscale, General Manager - Unscheduled Care, NHS Borders

Hi Jamie,

I was delighted to read of your recent experience in the Emergency Department. The Emergency Department team provide exceptional care with cheery delivery! I will share your story with them today.

Thanks for sharing!