"Pacemaker experience"

About: The Writtle Surgery

After feeling unusually breathless over the weekend, I called the surgery on the Monday morning and was given an appointment with the doctor at 4:15 that evening. After an initial examination, the doctor referred me to one of the nurses, who then conducted an ECG. This revealed a 'complete heart block', which clearly needed some emergency hospital action. The doctor explained the condition to my wife and I and then called both Broomfield hospital and the emergency services to arrange for an ambulance to take me to the hospital. The ambulance arrived with 15 minutes, took me to the hospital and I had a Pacemaker installed the next day.

Although the situation was clearly serious, the treatment I received at the surgery was extremely calm and professional, by both the medical staff and the receptionists. I always felt that the situation was under control and I was extremely well informed about the diagnosis and the probable treatment to come. I am extremely grateful to all concerned at Writtle surgery for their attention.

Response from The Writtle Surgery

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review about the surgery. I am glad that you had such a good experience at the Surgery and we are pleased to hear you received a pacemaker so quickly.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and thanks once again.

Practice Manager