"Excellent - could not fault the service at all."

About: Warwick Hospital

I attended day surgery yesterday for a wisdom tooth removal under general anaesthetic. I was very nervous as I had never had general anaesthetic before, but the staff were wonderful - very kind and re-assuring. The anaesthetist and the surgeon both came to see me prior to the operation and gave me a feeling of confidence that all would go well. The anaesthetist was particularly reassuring when I was about to go into theatre, as was the nurse who accompanied me to the theatre and held my hand whilst I was waiting. I was not nervous of the operation, just the anaesthetic, but all went well and I was awake again and recovering in no time at all. The staff on the recovery ward were all very kind and as I recovered quickly, they allowed me to get dressed and go home quickly. I am now recovering at home with no pain and following my aftercare instructions carefully. I would like to thank all the staff for their kindness during what was for me quite a scary prospect. In the future I will not be at all worried about having a general anaesthetic.

What could be improved

Nothing so far as I am concerned.

Anything else?

Please particularly thank the anaesthetist and nurse who looked after me. They were both very kind and reassuring.

Response from Warwick Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about the care you received at Warwick Hospital. We are pleased that you are happy with your care and we will pass on your comments to the teams.