"Fantastic treatment, care, environment - would..."

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

I arrived at A&E with my 3 year old son who was suffering an asthma attack. I was seen promptly by the nurse who undertook oxygen level monitoring and I was immediately reassured. I then had to wait around 25 minutes in the A&E department, however there was a dedicated children's area with toys and a fish tank to entertain him along with C-Beebies!

I was then seen by a doctor who was extremely helpful and reassuring. My son was stabilised and then transferred to a fantastic observation area in a brand new state of the art children's facility. The staff were able to monitor him while he played in a play room off the ward which had a good variety of toys and books. My son hadn't eaten much all day, and the staff bought him a sandwich which he was able to eat in the playroom creating a very relaxed experience for all. Fantastic treatment and I couldn't recommend this hospital enough.

What could be improved

Nothing overall I was very pleased with the treatment I received and the environment we were treated in.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to the A & E Department at the Royal Bolton Hospital. We are pleased to hear that you had a fantastic experience. I will pass your comments onto the Departmental Manager for A & E. Once again thank you for your feedback.