"Tayside out of hours GP service"

About: Kings Cross Health and Community Care Centre / GP Out of Hours NHS 24 / NHS 24 (111 service)

(as a relative),

My dad visited the out of hours GP service at Kings Cross Hospital in Dundee. He was seen by a GP for his shingles in his eye. He was anxious before the appointment which was made via NHS 24.   Dr McCallan who saw my dad was straightforward, clear and answered questions very thoroughly. Her manner was very caring and she was able to address both my parent’s anxiety and give them clear instructions on what to do at home etc. They both feel very grateful and relieved to have been seen by someone who made them feel so reassured. Thank you for your care.

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Dear Clorph

How kind of you to take the time to provide complimentary feedback for NHS Tayside Out of Hours Service. I do hope your Dad is doing much better.

The GP who saw your Dad, Dr McCallan, sounds like a credit to the NHS.

The Care Opinion Team shared your story with NHS 24 as your mentioned contact with our service. If there is anything specific feedback your parents would like to provide on their call to NHS 24, then I would be delighted to hear from them. I can be contacted on 0141 337 4597 or by email at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk

Thanks again for getting in touch. I am sure my colleagues within NHS Tayside will be delighted with your feedback.

With best wishes to you all

Shona

Shona Lawrence

NHS 24 Patient Affairs Manager

Response from Alison Moss, Feedback Manager, NHS Tayside

Dear Clorph

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on Care Opinion. I am so pleased that Dr McCallan was able to reassure your parents at what was clearly a worrying time for them both. I will certainly ensure your thanks and kind comments are shared with Dr McCallan and the Out of Hours Team.

I hope your dad is now feeling better.

Kind regards.