"my nose operation"

About: East Surrey Hospital

(as the patient),

I had surgery on my nose. I was in recovery for 2 hour waiting for a bed, when i was taken to the ward I was feeling very drowsy and unwell. When my husband got there this tube thing was under my body, they had placed my saline drip underneath my pillow but did not hang it up. My husband told a member of stuff and she said oops they forgot to hang it up.

I kept coming in and out of conciseness and keep on crying saying to my husband something is wrong, it’s not right. during the night I needed to go toilet and a male staff member got me a bed pan and I was a bit worried to use it, thinking I was going to spill it on the bed so he just lifted my grown up and pulled down my knickers and said you need to go further back without asking if I was comfortable with him doing that.

All that night I got up and went to the toilet by myself when I could of fallen and really hurt myself. I was all over the place and drowsy. I was not drinking or eating anything eventually the drip was removed. The following day I was not told I could eat or drink anything until lunch time by this time I was still going in and out of conciseness, still telling my husband and son there is still something not right. My husband and son brought me home in a taxi, I was still by this point going in and out of conciseness, they sent me home with no dressing when I still have discharge coming out of my nose, and all they gave me was some nose drops.

when I got home on Saturday all I did was sleep, my husband and son were very concerned as I hadn't eaten or drank anything. All I did was get discharge coming out of my nose all night. Sunday morning I woke up with trouble pain in my head and throat and I said to my husband I am going to Crawley walk in centre. Before I left, I looked in the mirror and all I could see was blisters on my tongue and throat. it turned out that it was a throat infection, which I think the hospital should of picked up. I have been put on co-amoxiclav for it. I think that if I had proper care at East Surrey hospital they would of seen it before sending me home.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››