"Going round in circles with mental health problem"

About: Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health

What happened.....not a lot, this is the problem.

Constantly fobbed off by psychiatrist, receptionists and duty workers when at crisis point, to the point I end up at A& E numerous times and getting referred back to the CMHT who do not react and I end up back at A& E....vicious circle!

Response from Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

We are really sorry that you have had this experience of our service. We would welcome the opportunity to look into this further for you. Please can you contact the Patient Experience Team on 01332 623751 or by e-mail to patientexperience@derbyshcft.nhs.uk thankyou

• usernameschmusername doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} other {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} it is helpful

Update posted by usernameschmusername (the patient)

I have already had contact with the patient experience team and had a poor experience. Since posting this review this morning I’ve had a rare appointment with my psychiatrist at which I asked if I could be assigned a CPN like I used to have many years ago to aid with my recovery.

At the appointment they said it was ultimately up to the service manager who was entitled to what treatment and the fact that I had been to A&E in crisis 3 times in 6 weeks (of which only one occasion was on their computer!) ultimately wouldn’t count towards my need of a CPN intervention. My use of the duty worker service (available 9-5, Mon-Fri) is the only indicator! I think that this is absolutely atrocious as reaching a crisis is not predictable and in keeping with a shift pattern, and the fact that in my experience the duty workers/CPNs that I have spoken to just want you off the phone ASAP you just feel worse off for speaking to them. At least in A&E the staff I have spoken to have been helpful, empathetic, and caring....even down to the cleaning staff getting me a cup of tea on one occasion (presumably from their own pocket!)

Response from Anne Reilly, Complaints Manager, Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

I am really sorry that you had this experience of our services, we really would like to talk to you again to see how we can help please contact the patient experience team on 01332 623751 or by e-mailing the team at patientexperience@derbyshcft.nhs.uk