"A breath of fresh air"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Gynaecology

From my initial appointment regarding SUI the staff were fantastic, from the reception team to the surgeon himself (Dr W Agur), they treated you with dignity and respect.

Dr Agur listened to my concerns and after being left disabled due to a polypropylene mesh implant & requiring corrective surgeries regarding this he was very understanding.

The operation itself was a success and shows how you do not need to use mesh to fix a leaky bladder.

I would urge anyone to explore all the options before ever agreeing to a mesh implant as when it goes wrong it can be with catastrophic consequences.

Crosshouse Hospital was a breath of fresh air with all the staff I encountered being an absolute pleasure to deal with, no one more that Dr Agur himself, he is an incredible gentleman who is extremely passionate about his job, the aftercare was exceptional also.

Five stars in my opinion for this Hospital and staff. I have dealt with several surgeons since being Mesh injured and they could all learn a lot from Dr Agur.

Dear Scottish Mesh Survivor,

I have passed this truly lovely accolade to Dr Agur and the team. Dr Agur was very touched by your kind words. I believe you rendered him speechless. It is very special to read about any staff member being described in such a complimentary way.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know of such a positive experience.

I hope you are well now,

best wishes,