"Excellent service carried out by..."

About: Northwick Park Hospital

I attended A&E on Friday morning with rash/infection.

I was seen by the triage nurse and was then seen in A&E minor and Major then transferred to Dickens Ward.

I was informed at all times of what was occurring etc and all the Nurses & Doctors that I saw on A&E & Dickens Ward could not have been more helpful or professional.

I would just like to take this opportunity too thank them all for their consideration and care.

Prior to my discharge a male nurse went out of his way to obtain a sandwich at about 10.00pm for me to avoid a risk of any potential hypo.

What could be improved

Nothing

Anything else?

Although understandable, patient/relatives naturally expect to be the main focus of treatment.

I feel that there has to be a level of consideration given to all staff.

The hospital environment /situation is constantly changing based on the patients’ severity and it is not always possible to accommodate/adhere to previously agreed timelines.

Response from Northwick Park Hospital

We were pleased to learn that you were so happy with the care that you received within the A&E department. Your kind comments will be passed on to the staff in this area. We hope that you are now feeling better and recovering from your illness.