"First class treatment for my elderly mother"

About: Fairfield General Hospital / Accident and emergency

My Mum who is 92 and suffers from vascular dementia was taken by ambulance to A&E on 20/1. We were seen by a wonderful doctor who examined Mum, who has memory problems, hearing impairments and difficulty communicating due to her vascular dementia so it was not easy for him to question her and I was glad I was there to assist. The doctor was so kind, respectful and thorough and I can’t thank him enough as he put Mum at ease and was very reassuring. He’s an asset to the department as he has such a lovely, respectful, kind manner. Thank you again.

Mum was admitted to ward 7 in the early hours and the nurse from A&E who did the handover was great. A nurse on ward 7 settled Mum in bed and I left her enjoying a cuppa and toast, courtesy of the nurse. Thank you. I went home reassured Mum was being well looked after.

The quality of care was faultless.

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments; it’s always rewarding for everyone involved in your Mother’s care to know that they provided excellent treatment and patient experience. Your feedback provides added assurance to our organisation that our drive to provide excellent care and experience is being achieved.

Regards,