About: St Mary's Hospital (Newport) St Mary's Hospital (Newport) Newport PO30 5TG
Posted via nhs.uk
What I liked
1. Booking system ridiculous as the phones are always engaged.
2. Staff can't manage to sent the correct letter.
3. No bed available on arrival so sent to other side of hospital. No bed available here. Nowhere except a corridor to wait while this was sorted.
4. Nurse very abrupt. Made a joke when I said I was prone to fainting. Totally inappropriate.
5. Nurse discussed me with other patients.
6. Incorrect surgeon turned up and refused to do my operation.
7. Nurse was requested when phoning my parents to tell them of change of ward. She assured me she had but she hadn't.
8. Nowhere to wait for parents except bench in corridor.
9. Conflicting advice regarding procedure for replacement date for op.
All in all and absolutely horrendous experience, all due to lack of communication and failure to follow procedures, that's if any exist in the first place.
Eventually told that I will be recalled within 3 months and my notes state who must do the surgery. We shall see. This happened once before. Was told I'd be recalled within a month...that was 5 years ago and I never heard a thing!
What could be improved
Disgraceful treatment, disrespectful nurse