"My road to recovery"

About: Highbury Hospital

Thank you. cannot express how I feel after being involved with the OT department at Highbury Hospital. You all helped me on my road to recovery- when I could see no way out of what I can only describe as a nightmare.

In particular Eileen for her relaxation sessions, games, art sessions.

I think the first cafe group I attended was busy, however the staff took this on board and the next group was smaller which made it more enjoyable.

Response from Jennifer Bailey, Live Clinical Team Leader, Acute In-patient, Highbury Hospital

Dear indigowy64,

Many thanks for the kind words. I will ensure I pass on your thanks to Eileen who will really appreciate the comments and to the rest of the team.

It is always really useful to know what people find most valuable and helpful and certainly we will contniue with our relaxtion sessions and a variety of supportive actviity sessions.

It is also very helpful to know any improvements needed or any suggestions for practice, it was great you were able to share with us that our cafe sesson had intially been far too busy.

We did take this onboard at the time and we have recently reviewed our timetable with a focus on keeping sessions flexible and manageable to ensure they are postive and rewarding expreince for all who are attending.

We wish you all the best with your recovery.

Many Thanks,