"compassionate and responsive medical care in..."

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital / Neurology

My mother was admitted to the acute stroke unit in early 2018. Her admission was through A&E.

She was seen by a doctor within an hour and within 2 hours was admitted to the acute stroke unit, where she was seen promptly by a consultant.

It was impressive.

During the net two weeks, I witnessed first hand the compassionate care she received from the doctors, nurses, therapists and other support staff within the Stroke Unit.

She was always treated with dignity and the consultant and doctors involved us in decisions concerning her illness and treatment.

Sadly she deteriorated but it was possible for palliative care to continue in a side room where we remained for 5 days.

I was shown kindness and support throughout.

I have nothing but praise for the hardworking team that comprises the Stroke Unit and for the efficiency of A&E.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

Dear Diane,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother; thank you for taking time to share your kind words with our Acute Stroke team at this very difficult time - your feedback is much appreciated.

Kind regards