"I found the staff pleasant and..."

About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

Anything else?

I entered the Hospital on Tuesday 14th December with a swollen left arm - after a fall on the ice the pevious week in Liverpool - and was told that my left elbow was broken and an operation was needed. I was sent to the Valentine-Ellis ward - my holiday in London ruined, I might add - and was eventually operated upon on Friday 17th December. I was discharged on Monday 20th December. While awaiting my discharge, I was traumatised by the remarks of some patients - and even staff - all trains were cancelled (terrific news...!) and no shuttle service was available so I would have to take a taxi to Euston (a recipe for bankruptcy..!) In the event a shuttle was provided and, after a frustrating, nerve-wracking traffic jam in Euston Road,, I finally reached Euston. In the main concourse I was amost frightened to look at the departures board in case I saw: "All trains to Liverpool Lime Street cancelled!!!" OH Hell, I'm going to be stranded...!?. Well, there was a train to Liverpool - luckily delayed. After a cold nervous wait of an hour - it was 5.00pm - an announcement "The 16.07 to Liverpool Lime Street is now boarding at Platform 1" mas rush - free for all!!!!!!!! Excuse me everybody, but I have a broken arm in a sling - So What? came the reply. Nice, very nice. Well, I managed to board the train = had to stand most of the journey, until a kind lady offered me her seat - and was homeward bound. My mobile phone went into overdrive - contacting relatives and friends - and after arriving at Lime Street was picked up by friends and driven home. Incidentally, I have been attending Physiotherapy at the Royal Hospital Liverpool where my nurse is satisfied that my arm is shaping up nicely.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you for posting your feedback. The Trust is delighted to know that following your ordeal you are recovering well.