"Excellent breast cancer services"

About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital / Breast surgery

My experience of the breast cancer services at the L&D is second to none. From detection through a routine breast screening test to biopsy, further investigation in November/December, mastectomy in January and offer of immediate breast reconstruction I have experienced nothing but excellence.

The general organisation and management of my case allowing speed of treatment and the commitment of all the staff involved (radiographers and their assistants, nurses, MacMillan cancer support unit, health care assistants etc.) have been fantastic.

I am particularly grateful to the consultant oncoplastic breast surgeon in charge of my case who, whilst being extremely well-qualified, experienced and excellent all round, has remained very modest and compassionate.

I feel extremely lucky to live near and have easy access to what I would class as a 5 star NHS service.

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased your experience has been a positive one and will pass your comments on to department managers and team.