"An oasis of exceptional care. Thank you..."

About: Newark Hospital

Having had extremely unpleasant experiences in a number of other hospitals around the country, I found Newark to be an oasis of exceptional care.

The hospital is very clean, with a good ratio of Staff to Patients. There was a proper handover between shifts, so that the team coming on were fully briefed about the patients they had on the ward. Staff at every level were welcoming and helpful and I had complete confidence in their knowledge and professional competence, which is (sadly) not something I could have said when being treated in other hospitals.

Some of my experiences eslewhere have been genuinely terrifying, but this hospital is a beacon of good practice and I can't praise it highly enough.

What could be improved

There was some sticky residue on the floor in the waiting area, by the fire extinguishers. However, this is a very minor comment. Everywhere else (including the wards and toilet facilities) were spotless.

Response from Newark Hospital

Thank you for your comments, it is lovely to hear that you were so pleased with our hospital.

We will take a look at the area you have highlighted in the waiting area to check that it is now clean.