"Mytreatment after breaking my arm"

About: Russells Hall Hospital

After falling on ice was picked up by lovely paramedics and taken to extremely busy a&e.Everything was done for me as soon as was physically possible, everyone was fantastic .We were given drinks and food while we waited. On 3 Jan had surgery to plate and pin my broken arm. Stayed overnight everone was wonderful .Can't thank them enough, haven't been in hospital for over 40 years so I was nervous, but there was no need to be .From paramedics, nurses on B1 , surgeon and everyone in theatre thank you so much.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Thank you for giving such positive feedback regarding your recent experience of A&E and ward B1.

Attending hospital in an emergency circumstances can be a worrying experience so it is pleasing to know that our staff made you feel at ease.

I can confirm that your comments have been brought to the attention of the lead nurse for A&E and ward B1 to distribute to the staff involved in your care, who I’m sure will be delighted to receive them.