"Amazing, dedicated caring people"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Accident & Emergency Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Trauma & orthopaedics

I was unlucky enough to have a fall and visited the A& E department at approx 11am. I waited no longer than 15 mins to be seen in the Minor Injuries Assessment Unit. I was sent for x-ray and it was obvious I had done significant damage to my ankle. 2 broken bones and a snapped bone. I was then taken to resuscitation where I was sedated, my bones manipulated back into place and my leg put in a plaster cast. I had another x-ray then was then transferred to Ward 61 at around 2pm, 3 hours after arriving at A& E. There is so much negativity around A& E waiting times just now I felt it was only right to share my positive experience. Staff on ward 61 are amazing, dedicated caring people, won't be able to thank them enough for the care I received before and after my operation the next day. Only downside was seeing how stretched the staff were on the ward, they really do never stop, and I never realised how busy a night shift actually was.

Response from Nicole McInally, Patient Experience and Public Involvement Team, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde

Dear EC2018

Thank you for taking the time to post on Care Opinion. I am pleased to read about the level of care that you received in our A&E Department and Ward 61 at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary.

I will ensure that your kind words are shared with the staff. They will all be delighted to receive your feedback.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes