"Depression and treatment by CAMHS"

About: Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust / Child and adolescent mental health

(as the patient),

I had depression and my GP wanted to refer me to CAMHS.

She tried to refer me to the adult services since it was only a few months before my 18th birthday but she said she could not.

I was referred to CAMHS and had an assessment by a psychiatrist.

My GP never received the report, and despite the doctor saying he would send me a copy, I never received this either.

There was no mention of any further help (the doctor said he couldn't help me because I was about to turn 18), yet I wasn't transferred to adult services and I felt I'd just fallen off the radar.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

We are very sorry that psf has experienced difficulties with our service. Unfortunately without the details we cannot look into this matter, we would really like to make sure psf gets the right service for them. If psf is willing to share the information could she ring 01727 804629 and we will be happy to both look into it and sort this out.

Psf was quite rightly seen by CAMHS and we aim to undertake a transition to adult services from 17 and a half years. Psf should have received a response from CAMHS and a referral to adult services made if appropriate. We will use this feedback as part of monitoring this process, thanks for taking the trouble to do this posting.