"Actinic keratosis photodynamic therapy"

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary / Dermatology

I was diagnosed with an actinic keratosis on my scalp - an area of skin damaged by long-term exposure to the sun.

RLI's Dermatology department saw me quickly, advised on treatment options and allowed me to choose between them. I chose photodynamic therapy to avoid the risk of permanent loss of hair: I had five sessions of therapy that were all done on schedule by friendly staff and with care.

The clinical areas were clean and modern.

I felt at ease and relaxed.

They also tested a separate lump that emerged during therapy.

The treatment was successful and I have now been discharged.

It is perhaps unfair that the NHS A&E performance attracts so much publicity when other areas such as the RLI Dermatology Department are so efficient and and effective: they provide excellent care and deservedly won an award in 2017 for their efficiency in treating patients.

I highly recommend them.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Hi John, thank you for leaving us a review. It's great to hear that you felt relaxed during your visit to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary and that our staff made sure you were well looked after. I have passed your kind words onto the teams involved who I know will really appreciate them. Thank you again.