"There was a senior nurse (I think) in A..."

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

There was a senior nurse (I think) in A & E who bent over backwards to help me. He went over and above his standard job to make sure that I was taken care of and refered to the relevant ward and consultant. He even called me back at home when I called into the department following some inital treatment the night before. I really cannot give high enough praise to all these people who work exceptionally long hours in difficult circumstances. I was refered to the ward and was able to have an Xray at the weekend. I was given appropriate medication at the weekend and was starting to feel better within a couple of days.... Thank you staff at Pinderfields A & E.

What could be improved

The area you wait in needs some serious attention. I know you are not there for the pretty decoration or to sit in the lap of luxury, but a television that you could hear and some magazines would help. The average waiting time is 3 to 4 hours for treatment...... I think there would be a lot less frustration in the waiting room if there were toys for the children and the TV actually worked.

Anything else?

Touch wood - I have been lucky enough not to have to spend too much time in a hospital but my recent experience at Pinderfields A & E has left me with nothing but the highest of praise for all those hard working people who helped me.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We appreciate greatly these positive comments and are pleased that this was a good experience.