"Not recommended! Avoid having your baby here"

About: Heartlands Hospital / Maternity

I was induced and the midwife did not believe I was I. Labour. Was rude and condesending saying if it's easy men would have children. Would not check how far I was even the Dr wouldn't believe me. Was not given pain relief. I was denied pain relief and felt sick. No one cleaned or came to help. I had to keep complaining, eventually they checked and realised I was fully dialated 8cm and baby was breech so had to be rushed for a c section. Worst experience of my life and been put off having another baby. All I get is we are sorry no one listened. ..not that it helps to what I went through!!! Avoid this place!

Response from Heartlands Hospital

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, regarding your care and treatment, in the Maternity Unit at Heartlands Hospital.

I am very sorry that you had a poor patient experience, as this is not how we would wish our patients to feel about the care and treatment.

I appreciate that we cannot change your experience; however if you would be willing to provide further details such as your name, date of birth and address, as a Trust we would like the opportunity to review your care.

You can do this by either contacting a member of the Patient Services Team on 0121 424 0808 (lines open 9am - 3.30pm, Monday to Friday) or you can email your concerns to bhs-tr.Complaints-ConcernsandCompliments@nhs.net

I will forward your posting to the Senior Management team for Maternity, so they are aware of your experience.

Regards