"Labour Experience"

About: The James Cook University Hospital / Maternity

I have gave birth at James Cook twice. July 2016 and August 2017.

feel comfortable and made to feel very at home there. I couldn't have felt anymore supported. Both times I was kept in my delivery room till I was discharged later the same day. The midwives were amazing, I felt safe. I couldn't thank them enough.

On my second labour, I did have a few personal issues afterwards which I did email the delivery suite manager. I was amazed at how quickly they responded. They took the time to listen to what I had to say, addressed the issues, took time to call me personally and give me explanations and answer my emails after. They let me know that what I had to say was important to them. I couldn't have been more grateful and thankfulI. My opinion and experience mattered and they wanted to make sure I was happy with their explanations, which I was.

I feel very fortunate to live close by to James Cook hospital. Furthermore, during my second pregnancy I needed to go for reduced movement. I felt like I was overreacting and going to bother them however as soon as I called I was invited straight in. I was put straight on the monitor. The midwives generally made me feel a priority. I was checked on regularly and they had the time to listen to me. They didn't want me to leave until I personally was happy with my baby's movements. I went back the next day as I still felt unsure, they got me straight back on the monitors and also got me in for a scan more or less straight away after being monitored again. I felt reassured and that they actually cared. They didn't fob me off like I thought they would. in fact they didn't want to leave until I was happy. I knew I could call anytime if I was concerned.

I would highly recommend anyone who is thinking of choosing James Cook to welcome their baby in the world.

Response from Chloe Holmes, Patient Experience Administration Assistant, South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Kelsey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your story.

I am delighted that you have had such a positive experience with the Trust and it is always rewarding to hear stories of how our staff are delivering care and support to patients when they need it most.

I will happily pass your feedback on to the relevant department. If you would like me to pass this on to specific staff members I will need some further details as the information you have given here has been anonymised. If you would like to provide further detail please can I ask you to get in touch via our email address: stees.compliments@nhs.net or by phone on 0800 0282451 and I will be happy to help you further.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Chloe Holmes - Patient Experience Administration Assistant