"Alone and in pain after a miscarriage"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Maternity

After suffering a miscarriage was left for 7 days in horrendous pain and then turned away from surgery to let the miscarriage pass naturally. I was not told if this pain and bleeding is normal or how long it will last. I feel lost and alone. Lincoln hospital has managed to make the loss of a much wanted pregnancy even harder. You may not remember their names but you will always remember how they made you feel. You let me down.

Response from Susan Glendenning, Matron for Gynaecology Services, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

It is very upsetting to read your comments, and see that you felt so let down by us.

Your experience is clearly not one that I would expect our ladies to have to endure and I would like to look at the specific circumstances, so I can investigate what went so badly wrong for you, and try to ensure we learn from your experience.

To do so I would need a little more information from you. If you feel able, could you please either contact our PALS team on 01522 707071 (or by e-mail at pals@ulh.nhs.uk if you prefer), with your name and date of birth. When contacting PALS, could you please quote reference CO394199 to them.

Alternatively, I would be happy to speak with you directly, my contact details are at the bottom of this response.

I am away from the hospital until Monday 11th September, but would be glad of the opportunity to speak with you after that date.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies, and I look forward to the chance to speak with you later.

Sue Glendenning,

Matron, Gynaecology - 07393 009058 (Susan.Glendenning@ULH.nhs.uk)