"The surgery went really well"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Maternity

After having 2 previous Caesarian sections which both happened quickly, I was having an elective Caesarian with my third. On the morning of the section I became quite upset and tearful. I had a wonderful midwife called Sarah and a HCSW called Robyn who were both amazing and treated me with utmost care and respect. They listened to me and gave me all the reassurance I needed. The surgery went really well and my little boy and I were well enough to go home the next day.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Fi-wi,

Thank you for taking the time to send this lovely feedback to us. I will ensure the staff involved are informed and will I share it with the wider team.

I am really pleased you had a fabulous experience with us and that we were able to meet your expectations. It is a concerning time for women, as your baby’s birth nears, more so when you know you need to have an operation to birth your baby. As Midwives we understand these anxieties and we are there to support you through these stressful times.

Once again thank you for this lovely feedback

Hazel Harrison