"Thank you to everyone at the day surgery"

About: St John's Hospital / General Surgery

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone at the day surgery in Livingston who looked after me so well when I came to have my tonsils whipped out. The nurses were attentive and friendly throughout, and the surgeon and anaesthetist had a fantastic manner and it seems did a cracking job with ripping out the offending items.

I only had to wait about three hours before the operation was underway and the discharge regime was smooth and efficient.

Thanks again!

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear Andy LG

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us following your tonsillectomy at the Day Surgery Unit in St John's Hospital.

I have shared your lovely feedback with the staff who I am sure will be delighted with your kind words.

I was really pleased to read how the doctors and nurses cared for you. I hope you are feeling better and that you enjoyed some post-surgery ice cream.

Kind regards

Jeannette

• {{helpful}} of {{total()}} people think this response is helpful

Update posted by Andy LG (the patient)

Hi Jeannette,

Thanks for responding. That would be my one big complaint - the post-op guidance says to eat normally: I thought I was going to wake up to buckets of Ben and Jerry's!!

The staff really were incredibly professional and attentive, and made half the process feel more of a holiday than a chore - so hat's off to them for that, it's no mean feat.

All the best,