"Struck by the overall happy environment"

About: Gartnavel Royal Hospital

What a wonderful hospital. I was a patient for 2 days on ward 4a, surgical. I was struck by the overall happy environment. The staff on my ward were professional, happy and very attentive. Glasgow at its best....just one thought, though, I would have liked to be able to use the small kitchen on the ward to make teas and coffees. Instead I had to approach staff to do this, who I'm sure had better things to do. There used to be small areas that patients could use but I suppose this has stopped due to health and safety? Anyway in no way spoilt my hospital staff.

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Islandvisitor

Thank you for taking the time to post on Care Opinion. I am pleased to read about your experience on ward 4A of Gartnavel General Hospital.

I will share your kind words including your comments about catering facilities with the appropriate services. The staff on ward 4A will be delighted to receive your feedback.

I hope you are now recovering well at home.

Best wishes