"Mental health service didn't react"

About: Shawpark Resource Centre

I knew I was becoming psychotic, saw the early signs and asked to get antipsychotics. I was told there was no appointment for the next N weeks and had to wait, couldn’t be helped without seeing a psychiatrist. T

hen, as predicted I became psychotic and consequently missed my appointment. There was no support or even curiosity as to why I had missed this appointment. Then the next available appointment was another N weeks away.

I was then told I can present myself at the centre anytime with the 24h service to get treatment. ? If I was well enough to bounce out of my bed and walk through crowds of people (whilst hearing psychobabble and being deeply paranoid), I wouldn't be needing help in the first place.

Used alcohol to sedate myself instead and became quite ill, had a full meltdown. You really were no  help whatsoever. As usual, massive delays, a non-responsive service, ignoring the voice of the patient, no timely access to treatment or medication.

Response from Nicole McInally, Patient Experience and Public Involvement Team, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde

Dear Thanks for Nothing

Thank you for posting on Patient Opinion.

I am sorry to read about your experience with Mental Health Services and the impact this has had on you.

I will share your post with a Senior Manager from the Service and ask them to provide feedback on the concerns that you raised.

Would you be able to contact me directly at Nicole.McInally@ggc.scot.nhs.uk with some personal details including your date of birth?

Kind Regards

Nicole

Dear Thanks for Nothing

I am sorry that you felt the response from our service was unsatisfactory, to allow me to look into this in some further detail, I would appreciate if you could contact me on 0141 211 1430.

Stephen Campbell