"If your birth allows, this is an excellent choice."

About: New Forest Birth Centre

Having just giving birth to my second child here if your birth allows, this is an excellent choice, it wasn't a possibility for my first, and due to that experience I wasn't sure it would work out second time either, as I was a little apprehensive of similar complications not being able to be dealt with at a midwife led unit and the lack of pain relief. However, it was our first stop this time round and it was a lovely environment and positive experience.

The water in the birthing pools and relaxing environment acted as good enough pain relief despite my initial apprehensions.

It is a lovely quiet, private place with attentive staff and you know who is who unlike a bigger hospital environment.

Even if your birth/situation doesn't allow you may be able to use the NFBC for recuperation and I would highly recommend for that too.

The staff really do go the extra mile (also for after care) and you never feel a burden on the system.

Response from Debbie Watson, Patient Experience Advisor, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your positive birthing experience with us. The NFBC truly is a wonderful facility and we are so pleased you benefitted from the expertise and facilities. Congratulations and wishing you well with you new baby.