"My father has been allowed to lay in a wet bed"

About: Southport & Formby District General Hospital

(as a relative),

My farther is admitted to Ward 11B of Southport hospital this week.

It seems that he has been allowed to lie in bed after wetting himself and probably more. I witnessed this yesterday and today.

He also asked a nurse to help remove his top as he is very week. he was told to do it himself. When he advised he could not, they took it off him and threw it at him. I have only just heard this so can not wait to visit tomorrow to confront this person.

I am neither week or lying down

so, I want to know where i can raise a formal complaint, but more so, get the correct care.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Lisa Gilbert, PALS & Complaints Manager, NHS Sefton

Thank you for your recent posting regarding Southport & Ormskirk NHS Trust. I was sorry to hear of your father's experience whilst on ward 11B.

If you wish to make a formal complaint regarding this incident,you can either speak with the Matron on the ward when you next visit your father, or you can write to or telephone:-

Clare Murray

Complaints Manager

Southport & Ormskirk Hospitals NHS Trust

Southport & Formby District General Hospital

Town Lane



Tel: 01704 704 958

Fax: 01704 704 074

Kind Regards,

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful