"Patient involvement in staff interviews"

About: Rampton Hospital

Involvement Interview Team (IIT) for a Staff Nurse Post in Rampton High Secure Hospital took place at the Peaks. There was in attendance an Involvement Volunteer from Rosewood who was chairing the Interviews with a Service User Panel comprising two Service User’s.

The following are comments from both Service User’s on the Patient Panel.

“Patient’s being part of the interview is a great learning step enabling me to get involved with Staff & other Patients. It’s just great to be part of something like interviewing as it makes you feel good to be part of a Team. It means I get to meet new Staff who could get the job. ”

“I like the challenge of coming up with Challenging questions for the Candidates. This gives me a chance to express my own drive, to improve & develop my skills. Show how I have improved since being here at Rampton & hopefully demonstrate perspective employers that you can be a valuable asset. ”

Response from Martina Griffiths, Modern Matron/Senior Nurse, Male Mental Health Directorate, Rampton Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on the opportunities afforded to the patients here on the Peaks Unit and Rampton Hospital. I am really pleased that both of you enjoyed being part of the recruitment process and I must say you came up with some very good questions for the candidates. This is an excellence life skill to acquire and I look forward to working with you again the near future.