"A short thank you to KGH"

About: Kettering General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I came into Ashton Ward on 27th September for a hip revision operation which I had been told was a major operation that would be a longer stay in hospital and longer healing time. From the first entrance with other patients there was giggling which continued both with the patients and staff.

Just before the operation I was told there was a problem with the lift which we all thought was hilarious - so after staggering up the stairs we were on the way. The anaesthetist was brilliant and I was soon out to the world.

I found that everyone from the Consultant and their team - the matron of the ward, the so hard working nursing staff, helpers, porters and cleaners were absolutely marvellous - always had time for a chat were so helpful and keen to explain things and always had a smile for everyone. The food was good and a varied menu. I was so pleased to go home after 8 days but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay on Ashton ward. Many thanks to all concerned with my operation and aftercare.

Response from Kettering General Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay, I will feed your comments back to the staff, I hope that you are making a speedy recovery.

Sarah Florey – lead nurse