"Lack of care"

About: Salford Royal / Neurology

After receiving a 'triage letter' from the consultant based on the information provided by my GP, I had some questions about the diagnosis and treatment suggested and called the number on the letter. The secretary who answered was very dismissive, and constantly talked over me to stop questions (even going so far as to tell me to stop speaking because they needed to). If I'd had the opportunity to see the consultant in the first place, I would have asked them. At the point where I was told to "google it" when they didn't know the answer to a medical question, I ended the conversation. Extremely unhelpful, and a poor reflection on what I'm sure is a good service on the whole.

Response from Salford Royal

Firstly we would like to apologise that this has been your experience within our service. We are very disappointed to hear that you have had such a negative experience and that you have been made to feel this way.

To allow us to investigate this further, can we ask that you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk with further details.

Kind Regards