You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

"Disgusting treatment for my baby"

I took my son here today for advise and treatment on his Penis as it was swelling and weaping and we was peeing bits of blood. The doctor checked him and told me he hasn't got an infection on the outside. (Obviously because it ls weaping from the inside) and the doctor wanted to give him some cream. (Bearing in mind my son has had a problem with peeing blood since he was around 3 months, he's now 9months, he's had scans and tests and they can't find what it is. The doctor was told this and didn't take any of it into consideration) the doctor explained that the cream they wanted to give him was to take the redness away and had a steroid in it to take the swelling down.

But then said they don't do this cream anymore.

So the doctor was giving him 2 different creams. One for the redness and a steroid one for the swelling. I agreed to try it and take him back in 3 days for a check up. I took my sons prescription to the chemist. Only to be told the 2 creams he has been prescribed he can't use! 1- because one of the creams is for a womens vagina.

2- it was to strong for him because it was double strength and would of reacted with his skin.


I was told they still do the cream with both the things in one. And 4 The 2 creams he was prescribed are not aloud to be put together! I am not happy. What if the pharmacist didn't check the prescription properly and just grabbed the creams and give me them. Why is this doctor prescribing things that can't be used on a baby and is for women. And prescribing creams that cant be used together (when they told us to use them together) And why is the doctor not looking into the back grounds of the patient!

Story from


Response from Westbourne NHS Centre

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your experience at the Westbourne Centre.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) who will be able to take further details and advise accordingly.

The PALS service can be contacted on:

• Telephone: (01482) 623065

• Email:

• Online:

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Kind regards,

Patient Experience Department

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful