"Help for parents"

About: NHS Borders

(as a relative),

My son lives at home with me, his mother, and don't know the right terminology but here goes.  As a drug user he tells me all the time I don't understand well he's probably right to a degree I don't and I have on a few occasions phoned up the doc in Peebles for help and there is no help for people like me.   I think there should be someone or a class we parents of drug children can get some help because it doesn't matter what age there still your children.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Susan Cowe, Feedback & Complaints Officer, NHS Borders

Dear Hydi, I am sorry that you have not been able to find the support you need. You may find it helpful to contact either of the organisations below who will be able to give you the appropriate advice:

Addaction Borders - 01896 757843

Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol & Drugs, have a free and confidential helpline service for anyone affected by the substance misuse of a loved one. Helpline number is 08080 10 10 11.

Kind regards

  • Hydi Smith thinks this response is helpful
    {{helpful-1}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think so too