"It's now six weeks and I've heard nothing"

About: South West London And St George's Mental Health NHS Trust / Psychotherapy

(as the patient),

In December, I was diagnosed as having depression again, by my GP. I was put on anti depressants with a regular monthly check. My dad had been ill for five years and he died in February from Metastatic Prostate cancer - it was awful. At the beginning of April my GP felt I needed more help and referred me to the IAPT team. I got a call about two weeks later. In this call I was told an assessment would be done and I should hear back within two weeks. It's now six weeks and I've heard nothing, even after putting in a phone call at the beginning of this week. Trouble is, when I was phoned I was on the up ... now I'm at the bottom. Cannot help but feel that cycle has been ignored. Now feel it's me against the rest.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Jane Healey, Patient Experience Lead, Governance, South West London and St George's Mental Health Trust

Dear Dubba,

My name is Jane and I am one of the Patient Experience Leads for the Trust. I would like to begin by offering my condolences for your recent bereavement and also to apologise that you have experienced a delay in communication from the IAPT service.

If you would like me or one of my colleagues to look into this for you in order to update you with regard to your appointment or if you would like us to investigate this as a formal complaint then please feel free to contact us and provide more details. You can call the PALS line on 0203 513 6150 or email us on complaintsmanager@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk

Kind regards


  • Dubba thinks this response is helpful
    {{helpful-1}} other {{helpful-1 == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} so too

Update posted by Dubba (the patient)

I was surprised at the speed of the response from Jane. That in itself says that someone cares!

I have phoned the team and agreed an action plan. Spoke to Clare who was great - she listened, empathised and took control. Couldn't ask for more. Thank you.

Update posted by Dubba (the patient)

I wanted to put an update on here because I felt it important. From where I am sat, the patient experience team have tried to help. If feels like the operational team have done next to nothing. I got one voicemail asking me to call back and have since left two messages. I have not heard anything more. So from the initial assessment at the start of April, having been told I should hear within two weeks, we are now at 15 weeks and I am no further forward. Just brings it home after another night of hardly any sleep.