"requesting a copy of notes and a second opinion"

About: University Hospital Of Wales

(as the patient),

I have been through a catalogue of mistakes over the past 18 months. Yesterday was the final straw when I ended up with a neurologist who simply didn't listen to me and who I felt was completely patronising. I am submitting a formal complain against all the mistakes I have encountered over this period of time, plus against the neurologist I saw yesterday. I wish to know how I go about obtaining a copy of my notes and how I request a second opinion please? Thank you.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Cardiff and Vale University Health Board

Good afternoon, my name is Jane Lead Nurse Patient Experience. I am sorry to hear you have had such a difficult time during the past eighteen months.

You are able to access your Medical Records by contacting Legal Services within the Medical Records Department on 029 20746500 or by emailing them on; healthrecords.legalservices@wales.nhs.uk

Please be aware there is a process and there will be costs if you wish copies.

I would suggest in the first instance you contact my colleagues within the Concerns Department on 029 20744754 or 029 20744095. If you would prefer you can email them on concerns@wales.nhs.uk

I hope that is helpful.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Update posted by Nettyj (the patient)

Many thanks for your reply Jane, its much appreciated. I have already spoken to the complaints department in the past and I have been given details of the person I need my complaint to go to. I am currently in the process of writing out all the issues I have had to deal with over this past year and a half, in order to do so.

Thank you for the info on the position with requesting notes.

Kind regards