"Receiving a report from my surgeon for my employer"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / General Surgery

(as the patient),

After a second discectomy in march 2015 I am still in debilitating pain and have poor mobility. My employer wants to retire me through ill health, but can't do this until I they receive a report from my surgeon. We have been requesting this sine December 2015 but still haven't received it. I email the surgeon's secretary every week and have written letters but still can't get this report.

I'm now on no pay and struggling financially and am really stressed with the situation. My employer has told me that without this report their hands are tied. I have now been in touch with my local councillor to see if he can help me resolve this matter. I don't know what I have to do to receive this report. I have even offered to pay for it.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Lorna Gray, Patient Experience, Public Involvement Project Manager, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde

Dear Annie359,

I am so sorry to hear this and can only imagine how frustrating this will be for you. You have also described the additional impact that this is having on other aspects of your life and it is difficult to read about the extra stress this is causing you, at a time when you should be able to focus on your health.

I would like to do my very best to help move this along for you, and so if you could contact me directly with a bit more information that would be really helpful. My direct email address is lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk and we can take it from there, hopefully finding some resolution for you as soon as possible.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Best Wishes,


  • Annie359 thinks this response is helpful
    {{helpful-1}} other {{helpful-1 == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} so too