"Chronic pain for years"

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Been in chronic pain for years i have been going to hospitals for over 3 years with this problem ravaging my body head to foot. being referred to the hallamshire i thought great pain relief at last. far from it. they recommend something to GP or local hospital that takes weeks to come through. try it, if that dont work wait to see consultant at hospital again that takes weeks to come round. i cant stand i cant walk i cant sleep BP through the roof use crutches wheelchair and mobility scooter. i have just got an appoint for another hospitals pain team NGH thats my third hospital to try and stop my pain what a joke, and after all these years of asking doctors and hospitals to stop my pain ive been asked to be a inpatient. Neuro dept avoid at all costs.

NHS Cuts yes its hard. asking for pain relief from GP To specialists for 3+ years and still in chronic severe pain a epic fail

Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to hear about your experiences over the last 3 years. I note that you have recently been under our care and reading your posting I wondered if you would want to provide more information to our Patient Services Team in order for us to try to resolve the problems you are currently experiencing here in Sheffield.

The team can be contacted on telephone number 0114 271 1976 or by emailing pst@sth.nhs.uk and will be able to take details of your concerns.

Kind regards.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful