"Accident while away from home"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Emergency department

while working away from home I suffered mouth injury, I had to park a 44 ton truck ouside hairmyres a&e, I was seen promptly and politely and treated in a friendly atmosphere, so feeling rather numb and 11 stitches later I didnt even have a parking ticket, it was almost worth the injury to be treated by the staff in a&e, thanks for your effort and expertise,

Response from West Cumberland Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trust.

How awful for you that you had an accident whilst working away from home, but, I am very pleased that you had such a positive experience of care.

Can I ask about your mention of Hairmyres A&E?

I know this hospitals location is East Kilbride, Scotland, and you have left this review for West Cumberland Hospital, Whitehaven, Cumbria.

Regardless of the location thank you for giving NHS staff this lovely feedback, it means a great deal to know that you appreciated your care.

With best wishes,

Alison S-D

Patient Experience

• laurie driver thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by laurie driver (the patient)

i live in west cumbria but work nationwide, hairmyres was the nearest i could park, others had low bridges or height barriers, and as i clicked my address the computer assumed that was my location, technology HA! i still use paper maps.

Response from Lesley Mallon, Patient Affairs Manager, Monklands District General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Laurie driver

Thank you for your feedback regarding your attendance at the Emergency Department at Hairmyres Hospital. I'm delighted to read that you were well looked after and your feedback wil be passed to the staff.

I can only apologise for the delay in responding to your submission which has only come to light on a routine review of the system. Please be assured that any and all feedback we receive is shared with staff and used for learning.

I hope this finds you well. Best wishes.