"Where can I get help?"

About: Fife Community Services

(as the patient),

At age 92 we are still advised to be active. But when I was referred by my GP to attend my local clinic, I was told that staff were too qualified to attend to feet nail-cutting and general care of feet.

I live alone and due to ageing process I am unable to attend to my feet, and have cut my toes when attempting to do so. Where can I get help?

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

picture of Louise Ewing

Dear Jack Liberator

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the issues you are having with your foot care. I contated the Podiatry Service to seek their response and received the following comments:

"All referrals to the podiatry service are triaged to assess the individual’s need. Those who require podiatry treatment are offered an assessment appointment. Those with a personal foot care need can be advised how to self manage or signposted to Footcare Fife on Freephone Number 0800 389 6046 for support. This enables the podiatry service to make the best use of staff skills and knowledge to support the people with the greatest risk".

I hope this information is helpful. Please do let me know if the route suggested works for you.

Kind Regards

Louise Ewing

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful