"If you have prostate cancer - move to another..."

About: Hereford County Hospital

After five months of difficulty urinating and hours of discomfort and frequent excruciating pain. 5 trips to A&E, two catheterisations, and urine removed with a syringe, my husband still has another 4-6 weeks to wait to see a urologist.

It also seems that he may need to be referred to a specialist out of county.

There seems to be no out of ours urology cover. Basically,if you have prostate cancer, you are better off moving to Gloucestershire.

Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Hereford County Hospital

On behalf of Wye Valley NHS Trust I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your patient experience feedback.

Your comments will be passed on to the Accident & Emergency Department and Urology Departments.

If you wish to speak with someone from the Patient Advice and Liaison Team please do not hesitate to contact us on 01432 2986.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful