About: Central Lancashire PCT

(as the patient),

i recently left the army following 7 years of service to my country. The reason i left was to pursue my career as an NHS nurse and to start a family. I am now pregnant, and want to ensure i care for my teeth at this vulnerable time. I am unable to register as a nhs patient with a dentist and am very frustrated that i am not even able to speak to someone about this. Very disappointed.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Julie-Ann Bowden, Clinical Quality and Assurance Manager, NHS Central Lancashire

Dear GJ 2010! I am sorry to hear that you have been unable to find an NHS dentist. Central Lancashire operates a waiting list for NHS patients wanting to see a dentist routinely. The helpline is 01772 777397. You can also register online at www.centrallancashire.nhs.uk/dental . The anticipated wait is currently up to 12 months. If you need emergency treatment then you can contact the following relevant number:- Chorley and South Ribble: 01257 230 230 Preston: 01772 777 397 West Lancashire: 01695 588 770 NHS Central Lancashire is working to increase the public's access to dental services and has recently opened a new health centre in West Lancashire which will offer places for 11,700 patients. If you wanted to discuss your concern further with a member of staff from the PCT you can call the Customer Care Team on 0800 032 24 24 or 01695 588059. Alternatively, you can email the Team.
  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful