"Excellent GP attention"

About: Merseyside

(as the patient),

On the Monday before Christmas I became concerned about a growth on my forehead.

I telephoned my GP surgery (Fullwood Green Medical Centre) and was told that there were no appointments available until the new year, however if I came the next day between 8. 30 and 10. 00 I would be seen.

I went the next morning, with reading material and waited in a comfortable waiting area until I was seen by a doctor.

I was carefully examined by a doctor who thought that it should be seen a a colleague.

I was seen by the other doctor as his next patient. He carefully examined me and showed me illustrations of possible growths. He said that he thought it was benign.

I was offered the option of being referred to a dermatologist or having the growth removed at the surgery and it being sent for analysis. This would provide a faster result.

I choose to have it removed at the surgery and the doctor performed the removal with less discomfort to me than having a filling at the dentist.

When I rang the surgery some days latter to obtain the results of the analysis the receptionist said that she did not understand the results and that a doctor would ring me back with in the next 90 minutes. About 10 minutes latter the doctor rang to tell me that the results were ok and that no further treatment was necessary.

More about:
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Kelly Jones, Senior Project Manager Engagement and Social Value, NHS Liverpool CCG

Dear Anteater,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It's brilliant news your growth turned out to be benign.

I'm glad the process of receiving a diagnosis and treatment was a positive one for you and I will share your story with the practice, who I am sure will be delighted at your appreciation of the service they delivered.

Best wishes,


  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful