"Staff didn't grasp seriousness of my latex allergy"

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

(as the patient),

I am a patient who stayed in 2 NHS Hospitals over a 7 week period in which, as I have a Latex allergy, had 4 anaphylactic shocks due to so many members of the NHS wearing Latex Gloves.

They are awful, everything they touch can cause me to have an anaphylactic shock, beds, toilets, doors, rails anything, even food prepping staff wear them meaning all the food I eat in hospital is contaminated and that all the cleaners do too meaning that all the surfaces and even loo roll is covered!

Why do they need to use them? Why can't they have latex free gloves on for cleaning, food preparing and obs taking? This way I would not have to spend all my time cleaning things as nurses and doctors don't seem to grasp the seriousness of it!

Please can less people wear them especially when you do not need to especially as each bed should have a surgical hand scrub meaning gloves are not needed?

PLEASE HELP! I have had to come home from Kings College due to this reason.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››