"The treatment was incredible"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Breast surgery Jarvis Centre

I was sent a mammogram appointment at the Jarvis unit at East Surrey which was unexpected because I am in my 70s and I thought these scans were not available for over 70s. Within two days of the mammogram I received a letter recalling me to the Guildford Jarvis Centre where the tests were extensive and informative. The care and help there was amazing and I was given a follow up appointment for the following week. At that appointment I was advised that I had breast cancer and was immediately given an appointment to see Miss Waheed at East Surrey again for a week ahead.

Miss Waheed and the nurses explained the procedure and arranged an operation date there and then.

There was a nuclear injection arranged and I had a day case lumpectomy the next day.

The treatment was incredible and although there was a long wait on the day of the procedure everyone was very concerned and professional

The hospital in ALL departments was impeccably clean

At my follow up appointment I was seen early and given complete information about possible treatment and I am just about to have the next appointment with Dr Goh.

Thank you East Surrey - I was hoping to give my story to the Jeremy Vine show recently but unfortunately they ran out of time when I was put through to the studio!

Response from Lynda Filby, Matron, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Dono,

Many thanks for posting such kind comments regarding your care in what must have been a very difficult time for you. We will ensure all involved in your care receive this lovely feedback. We hope you continue to make a good recovery.

Kind regards