About: April House

(as a service user),

Yeah I'm glad I attended April house at first. Looking back at it, I am so alone. Once they say that's it with treatment, you no longer attend and then what? I find you're out on your own and if like me with minimal support group family wise then no one to turn to. They say to attend gp for regular monitoring but mine don't know and admit no experience in this. So I ask/ look for what to do.. Been nearly a year since discharged and I'm now back where I was before attending April house.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Jane Tibble, Complaints and PALS Officer, Complaints and PALS, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you are back where you were before your admission to April House

The Eating Disorders Service has informed me that on discharge from April House patients are given a list of support services available for extra help if needed. Also they would advise the GP of the responsibilities of monitoring and invite them to re refer if necessary or contact the Eating Disorder Service with any queries. The service would also try and encourage individuals to live as normal a life as they can once they have left.

If you wish to discuss your feedback further please contact the Customer Experience Team on 02380 874065 or by email: hp-tr.customerexperience@nhs.net for assistance.

Kind regards

Jane Tibble

Customer Experience Advisor

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful