"Carbon Monoxide Poisoning; Very impressed with service in A&E"

About: NHS 111 Royal Stoke University Hospital / Accident and emergency

(as the patient),

I ran an LPG engine indoors today, not for that long, but stupidly (in hindsight! ) with the doors closed. After feeling awful afterwards, I Googled the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, and most matched. I phoned 111, and they told me to go to A&E. I can't fault the super quick service and very helpful staff at the Royal Stoke University Hospital. They diagnosed me and confirmed it was carbon monoxide poisoning (fortunately mild) within half an hour despite it being Friday night, and put me on oxygen. After about an hour, then checked my blood CO level again, by which time it was low enough for me to leave, and almost all the symptoms had gone.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from University Hospitals of North Midlands

Dear 'Cova'

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience at University Hospitals of North Midlands.

We are pleased that you received super quick service and that your recovery was fast.

Thank you and best wishes